Let's Google

© Melissa, All rights reserved

Creating a link

(<)a href="your url "(>) here (<)/a(>)

Friday, September 14, 2012

Rain 55

 
commons.wikimedia.org

I am always amazed how a dusting of rain will rejuvenate the parchest of lands. This elixir seeps into cracked grounds, easing brittle roots with a refreshing drink. It's like chapstick soothing dry lips.

We listened to the rain through the night. It was like the night's reassurance
things would be okay.

~Pour sweet rain~



From Matsu Basho (a haiku)
Chilling autumn rains
curtain Mount Fuji, then make it
more beautiful to see
 
 

4 comments:

G-Man said...

Melissa....
Always poetic, always beautiful.
You are The Wordmistress Supreme.
Loved your drizzly 55 My Friend
Thanks for playing, and have a Kick Ass Week-End

Melissa Bickel said...

You too Galen Lee. :)

Brian Miller said...

lovely...the rain is like a lullaby to me....helps me sleep really deep....

˙·٠•●❤Sh@KiR@ ❤●•٠·˙ said...

I love the rain, Melissa. You wrote so beautifully and I love the last sentence in your first stanza.Awesome 55! I adore your Haiku. Great picture prompt. You make Rain sounds so romantic and Mine is here
Have you an AWESOME WEEKEND!
hugs
shakira